Thursday, June 18, 2009

Whats My Line!

Yes, but the Village would live another day!
I get home to find that I have a sick child. We will have to go see the family doctor. I get her into the car and head for the doctor’s office. We have found that you really don’t have to have insurance to get care. You just have to be willing to wait. I call my friends at the hospital (we call it the doctors office, our family doctor!) “the line people.” We have gotten used to lines. Food stamps and government assistance requires a lot of waiting. I am so glad they have cable at those places. Once you get used to standing in line, it makes the next place or the next time you have to wait that much easier. Besides, when you finally get to the front of the line, you get free stuff. Free! Free food stamps or coupons or a shot or some cheese or a check! It’s kind of like you get paid for being a line person! When you get good at it, you can even get paid for blood! But you have to wait your turn! The Village leaders have a lot of money. So I feel good when I get mine! Those rich people are friends with evil George and the corporations. They will be sorry when the nice lady who told me about the Village gets his job! Rich people don’t like to wait. That is why they have first class and country clubs. Rich people don’t pay taxes because they have accountants and lawyers who show them how to avoid taxes. The Village leaders have found out how to get the money they hide! Besides, how much money do they need anyway? It’s only fair that they share it with those of us who are less fortunate. Any way we are at the Emergency Room. We call it the doctor’s office. They are so nice. They do everything for free! We have never gotten a bill! The best part is when you go you don’t have to wait later to get tests and scans. They do them that day! I told you waiting was a good thing! While you wait you can watch television or eat at the cafeteria or one of the fast food places in the lobby. It is sort of like being at the mall except you get medicine. What you do is take turns so if your name gets called you can call others on the cell phone and they will hurry back to go inside to see the doctor. Sometimes the cell phone doesn’t work inside so you have to page them. You can make it fun! I pretend I am a doctor and we just laugh and laugh!
Well, we are back home. That only took five hours but my little one is feeling great. Plus, guess what? We all got flu shots! And they just opened a pizza buffet at the hospital. It was awesome! Plus they take credit cards. Paying for food with credit cards is sort of like eating for free! We had to wait in line for the buffet but it was worth it. Being sick CAN be fun! Did you know that you could get power and gas for free? Well, you can. Free, I don’t know how they do it but it’s sure nice of them. Well all of us know that they make billions of dollars anyway. I think it’s in the Constitution that they have to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, leave a comment and feel free to be honest. But in the spirit of liberalism, be mindful of my "feelings". On the other hand,conservatives may be honest.